越狱Season 1-Episode 8: The Old Head

Season 1, Episode 8: The Old Head

-Michael: 17 days from now they strap my brother to an electric chair...

strap: 用绳索捆扎 electric: 电的

17天后他要送我哥哥上电椅

send 50,000 bolts coursing through his body for a crime he didn't commit.

send: 投,掷;击出 course: 越过,穿过 bolt: 螺钉 crime: 罪行 commit: 犯

因为一个莫须有的罪名要将他处以极刑

I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen.

我的目的就是为了阻止这一切发生

I've been in Fox River nearly three weeks now.

nearly: 差不多

我在fox river快3个星期了

In that time, I've managed to get out the back of my cell

manage: 设法做成  cell: 牢房

那段时间里我成功的从监牢后出来

and into the old steam pipes that run through the *.

steam: 蒸汽 pipe: 管道

进入到可以通遍全*的管道

Those pipes are our way out.

这些管道就是我们的出路

Think of this place like a map of the U.S.

map: 地图

想象这里就是美国地图

Our cell over there, that’s New York City.

cell: 牢房

我们的牢房那就是纽约

The infirmary, our exit, that's California.

infirmary: 医务室 exit: 出口

我们的出口医务室是加利福利亚

The pipes beneath our feet that connect the two...

beneath: 在下面 connect: 连接

我们脚下的管道通往...

-Fernando: route 66.

route: 公路,道路

66号公路

-Michael: Route 66.

66号公路

Our ticket out of here

assume: 认为猜

我们的逃逸之路

-John: I assume we're doing this at night.

我猜我们应该是晚上干吧

-Michael: That's right.

没错

-John: We're locked up, fish, and your boy is in solitary.

solitary: 孤独

我们被关着还有你孤单兄弟

How are we just gonna fly out of our cages

gonna=going to: 将要  cage: 笼子这里指的是他们的牢房

怎样从我们的牢里

and right into your cell, right into New York City?

进入你的牢房也就是纽约?

-Michael: You're not.

你不用

You're gonna meet me half way, in Saint Louis.

meet: 集合

我们中途在圣路易斯会合

Route 66 runs directly beneath that building.

directly: 直接地

66号公路就从那个房子下面穿过

It's the only building sitting on top of those tunnels.

tunnel: 隧道

那是唯一一个建在管道上面的建筑

All we gotta do is getting in there on pi...

gotta=have got to: 必须 pi=* industry: *工厂

咱们只需要进到那里面去

and dig ourselves an onramp.

dig: 挖 onramp: 入口,(由封闭公路或高速公路上)驶入坡道(由街道驶向高速公路和收费公路的)入口通道,入径

挖出一条交流道来

Shortly after, we hit the infirmary.

过不了多久就会到医务室那

Then we'll be outside those walls.

之后咱们就在墙外面了

-Fernando: What's in there?

那里是什么?

-Michael: It's an old storage room.

storage: 储藏

旧储藏室

Figure John here can pull all the strings he needs.

figure: 认为 string: 线,带 need: 需要

我想john一定知道怎么做

-John: It's not that easy, fish. That's a restricted area.

restrict: 限制 area: 区域

没那么简单那里不是随便进的

I got to be able to justify it to the bulls

justify: 证明…正当 bull: [美国俚语]警察;*看守

我得想法说服他们

and how it's got to be some actual work to be done in there for me to get in there.

要进去找些活儿干 actual: 实际的

You follow?

follow: 听得懂

你明白吗?

-Michael: Then you better figure it out.

那你最好搞定

'Cause if we don't get in that room,

如果咱们进不去那个房间

We’re not getting out of here.

咱们就别想出去了

-T-Bag: Feeling kind of left out

我觉得有点被孤立呀

New York? California?

纽约?加利福利亚?

Saint Louis?

圣路易斯?

What are we discussing?

discussing: 讨论

大伙在讨论什么呢?

-Michael: Talking baseball, actually

baseball: 棒球 actually: 事实上

在谈棒球

-T-Bag: Now that's a subject I just happen to know quite a bit about.

subject: 主题,话题

哦,正是我最擅长的话题

-John: What a shame. The conversation's over.

shame: 羞愧 conversation: 谈话 over: 结束的

真可惜,已经说完了

-T-Bag: Really now

刚说完?

That any way to treat a teammate?

treat: 对待 teammate: 队友

你们就这样对待队友的吗?

I'm coming along on this endeavor whether you like it or not.

endeavor: 努力 whether: 是否

不管你们喜不喜欢我还会继续的

'Cause I've got a hell of a singing voice otherwise

otherwise: 在其他的方面 voice: 嗓音

反正我还有副好嗓子

-John: I won't take that piece of crap along.

crap: 废物

我不想再忍受那家伙了

I won't do it.

不想

-Fernando: Me neither.

neither: 也不

我也是

-Michael: We won't have to.

我们不需要

He'll be out of the picture soon enough.

他很快就会消失的

-Pope: The state provides $25,000 insurance,

provide: 提供 insurance: 保险

州*提供两万五千美金保险

plus donations from the Illinois corrections officers foundation.

plus: 外加,还有 donation: 捐款 corrections: 惩戒,惩罚 foundation基金会

还有伊利诺伊斯州狱警基金会的资助

- Shauna: That's the last thing on my mind right now, warden.

last: 最后的上一次的 warden: 典狱长

我不想知道这些狱长

Do you know who killed him?

你们知道是谁杀了他吗?

-Pope: We have some leads.

lead: 线索

我们掌握了一些线索

But I can promise you this:

promise: 保证

但我可以向你保证

We are not gonna rest until we find out what happened.

rest: 休息

不查明真凶我们决不罢休

- Shauna: His pictures are missing.

miss: 丢失,失去

他丢了一些照片

He had a photo of our daughter in here.

这本来有一张我女儿的照片

-Pope: Not to worry. We'll find them.

别担心我们会找到的

- Shauna: I begged him not to take this job.

beg: 乞求

我求过他别干这个工作

Shauna, I am so sorry.

Shauna 我非常遗憾

-Berwick: I'll walk you to your car.

我送你上车

-Pope: Captain.

captain: 队长

队长

I need to speak with you for a second.

我需要跟你谈谈

-Berwick: I'll meet you in the hallway.

hallway: 走廊

我在走廊等你

-Pope: I want the son of a bitch who did this.

我要找到那个杂种

Now you do whatever you need to do to find him.

whatever: 无论怎样

现在你尽一切把他揪出来

You understand?

明白吗?

-Nike: I've got five boxes. You want to give me a hand?

我有五个箱子,能帮我一下吗?

Veronica?

Veronica?

That phone call was textbook scare tactics.

textbook: 教科书 tactic: 策略 scare: 吓唬

那个电话只是吓唬人的

That's what they want.

那正是他们想要的

They want to scare us from doing what they know we can do.

scare: 吓唬

他们想吓住我们来阻止我们做能做的事

-Veronica: And what's that?

expose: 揭穿

你指什么?

-Nike: Expose them.

揭发他们

- Lucasz: This guy bothering you again, Miss Donovan

bother: 打扰

这人又在打扰你了吗 Donovan小姐?

-Veronica: No, Lucasz. The other night was my fault

fault: 错 .

没有 Lucasz 那晚是我的错

It was a misunderstanding.

misunderstand: 误解

是场误会

- Lucasz: Okay, but if you need anything...

好的如果你需要帮助……

-Veronica: trust me. You will be the first person I call.

trust: 相信

相信我,我一定先找你

- Lucasz: Here. Let me.

我来吧

-Nike: Those boxes contain seven years of criminal appellate work.

contain: 包括 criminal: 犯罪的 appellate: 上诉的

那些箱子里是7年来的所有罪犯上诉案件

If there's a precedent in there somewhere that can help us suspend Lincoln’s execution,

precedent: 先例 suspend: 推迟 execution: 死刑

如果有可以帮助延缓Lincoln执行时间的先例

we're gonna find it.

gonna=going to: 将会

我们就要找到

-Veronica: You can just leave those by the door, Lucasz.

放在门那儿就行了 Lucasz

I'll bring them in.

我自己搬进去

-Nike: Oh, that's okay.

没关系

I've got your key right here.

我有你的钥匙

-Nike: If I didn't know better, I would say Lucasz was sweet on you.

sweet: 体贴的,亲切的

如果我不知情的话我会说Lucasz对你真体贴

-Veronica: Very funny

funny: 有趣的

真逗

-John: Fire.

-Michael: What?

什么?

-John: Fire. We burn the place down.

burn: 烧

咱们用火烧掉那个地方

-Michael: How's that gonna help us?

那对咱们有什么用?

-John: A few years ago

几年前

the chapel burned down and the D.O.C. realized they had some toxic issues—

chapel: 小礼拜堂 D.O.C= department of corrections: 劳改局 realize: 意识到 toxic:有毒的 issues: 问题;发行物

小礼拜堂被烧毁商务部的官员发现这有有毒材料

you know, asbestos, lead paint, you name it.

asbestos: 石棉 lead: 铅 paint: 油漆,颜料 name: 称呼,命名

你知道,石棉,铅涂料,凡是你能说的出的

They couldn't find a contractor,

contractor: 承包商

找不到人来弄

so they put the inmates on the job.

inmate: 囚犯

他们就让犯人来做

We spent like five, six hours in there at a time.

我们一次要在那里待上五六个小时

But the good news is no guards came around almost at all.

guard: 看守,警卫 almost: 几乎

好消息是几乎没有看守靠近

-Michael: Can you get us in there?

你能让我们进去吗?

-T-Bag: Been doing a little, uh, thinking.

我最近一直想

I'm gonna need a pi card, aren't I?

pi=* industry: *工厂

我需要一张PI卡

I mean that's where this whole thing is happening, isn't it?

whole: 整个的

我的意思是那里就是所有计划发生的地方吧

-John: It's on its way.

一切还在进展之中

-T-Bag: you're slowwalking me, aren't you?

这不过是你的缓兵之计吧

-John: Why would I do such a thing?

我为什么要这样做?

-T-Bag: You think Bellick's gonna pop me for what happened to that stinking C.O. Bob.

pop: 开枪射击 stinking: 发臭的 这里指BOB死了一段时间

你以为Bellick会因为我杀了Bob 而枪毙我

Maybe you'll take a little walk and tell him for yourself, right?

也许你会跑去告诉他

Then, I'll be out of your hair for good.

接着我就彻底消失了

Well, I got news for you.

那我可得跟你说

If I go down for killing bob, believe me,

believe: 相信

如果我杀bob的事抖出来相信我

I'm gonna take a little walk of my own.

own: 自己的

那我也会

Tell them about that hole you got behind your toilet.

hole: 洞 toilet: 厕所

把你水箱后面的洞告诉他们

So...

那么……

how about that pi card?

card: 卡片

PI卡如何?

- L.J: I don't know if you remember,

remember: 记得

我不知道你是否还记得

but that summer before fifth grade,

grade: 年级

五年级前的那个夏天

when I stayed with you a couple weeks,

couple: 两个,一对

我和你待过两周 几个

and you thought I broke your glass coffee table...

你认为我打碎了你的玻璃咖啡桌……

And when you came home, I denied it.

deny: 否认

你回来之后我说不是我弄的

But you told me you could care less about the coffee table.

care: 在乎,介意 less: 更少的

但你告诉我你可以不在乎咖啡桌

You just didn't want me lying to you.

lying: 撒谎lie的进行时态

你只要我不说谎

And you said I would feel a lot better if I just told you the truth.

truth: 真话

你说如果我说真话我心里会轻松很多

And you promised not to be angry.

promise: 保证,承诺

你还发誓不生气

-Burrows: I remember.

我记得

- L.J: Well, I broke it.

嗯其实是我打碎的

-Burrows: I know.

我知道

- L.J: You know, if there's anything that you want to get off your chest,

chest: 胸

如果你有任何憋在心里的话

you can tell me.

都可以跟我讲的

And II promise I won't get angry.

我—我发誓不生气

-Burrows: You want to know if I killed that guy.

guy: (男)人,家伙

你想知道人是不是我杀的

I, uh, went there planning to do something wrong.

planning: 计划

我嗯本来计划去做一些错误的事情

But I didn't kill that guy.

kill: 杀

但我没杀人

Someone's working hard to make it look like I did.

有人故意伪造成是我杀的样子

Anyway, there's a chance the execution may not happen.

anyway: 不管怎样 chance: 机会 execution: 死刑

不管怎样我的死刑还是有机会撤销的

- L.J: What?

case: 案子

什么?

-Burrows: Veronica's working my case.

Veronica在处理我的案子

I got a reporter coming today who actually believes I'm innocent.

actually: 实际上 believe: 相信 innocent: 无辜的

今天有个记者还相信我无罪

So I am not dead yet.

所以我还没死

LJ, look at me.

LJ 看着我

You got to have faith, kid.

faith: 信念,信任 kid: 小孩,孩子

你得信任我孩子

Just have a little faith.

相信我

-Kellerman: Kellerman.

Kellerman

-Caroline: Well?

进展?

-Kellerman: Taken care of

处理好了

-Caroline: Good.

Now move on to the second thing.

还有一件事情

If you could see what we're looking at,

如果你看到我们眼前的一切

-Kellerman: believe me, Burrows is gonna get the message.

相信我 Burrows会明白我们的意思的

-Caroline: Which is what you've assured me of before?

assure: 保证

之前你们也是这么说的

yet that message keeps getting returned to sender.

可结果还不是不予理睬

Now move on the second thing and report back.

report: 报告

所以现在着手另一件事随时回报

-Kellerman: We're headed there now.

head: 朝着…方向前进

我们现在就出发

You're thinking too much.

too much: 太多了

你想太多了

- Danny: Yeah, gods forbid.

forbid: 禁止

也许天晓得

-Michael: He's gonna toss every cell in this block until he finds the killer.

toss: 搜查 cell: 牢房 until: 直到  gonna=going to: 将要  killer: 杀人者,凶手

他会把每个牢房翻个底朝天直到找到那凶手才肯罢休

-Fernando: He tosses this one, he's gonna find the hole back there in a heartbeat.

heartbeat: 心跳

如果找到这里有可能会发现我们的秘密

-Michael: I know.

我知道

-Fernando: We got to turn him in.

我们得把T- Bag供出去

That's the only way it'll stop.

这是让他们停止的唯一办法

-Michael: We turn him in, he'll talk.

供他出来他会说出去的

-Fernando: So we're screwed either way, aren't we?

screw: 弄糟 either: 任一

无论怎样我们处境都很危险对吗

-Burrows: Which one?

哪一间?

-Michael: Right there

那边

Saint Louis.

圣路易斯

-CO: What the hell are you doing here?

hell: 地狱

你们在这里做什么?

-Michael: Clean up detail. We thought this was storage.

detail: 细节;琐事 thought: 以为 storage: 储藏室

清洁工作我们以为这里是储藏室

-CO: This look like storage to you, you idiot

look like: 看起来像 idiot: 白痴

这里像是储藏室吗白痴

It's a restricted area! It's the guard's break room.

restrict: 限制 area: 区域 break: 休息

这里是禁区守卫休息室

Now back it up!

现在退后

Back it up, now!

退后马上

-Michael: Sorry.

抱歉

-John: Won't happen again

不会再发生了

-Fernando: Fucking break room. Are you kidding me?

fucking: [俚语、鄙俗语]他妈的,该死的,讨厌的;丑恶的;低劣的 kid: 开玩笑

他妈的休息室你开玩笑?

-Michael: They must have changed it since the retrofit.

since: 自从 retrofit: 更新

可能上次改建以后的事

-Fernando: The bulls are camped out in there. They'll never leave.

bull: [美国俚语]警察;*看守 never: 永不

那些家伙在那里呆着他们不会离开的

-John: You got a backup plan?

backup: 后备的,备用的

有后备计划吗?

-Michael: There is not one.

没有

It's the only room sitting on top of that pipe.

那是管道经过唯一的建筑

It's the only way out, and we've gotta get back in there.

gotta=have got to: 必须

我们唯一的出路,只能想办法进去

-John: Impossible, fish

impossible: 不可能

这不可能

-Burrows: Maybe not. Check it out.

也许有可能看这里

-Fernando: I don't get it. How does he get in there?

我不明白他怎么进去的?

-Burrows: He's a trustee, ones with a high security clearance.

trustee: 可被信任的人 security: 安全 clearance: 权限

他得到信任有更高的通行许可

-Fernando: Why him?

为什么是他?

-Burrows: He can be trusted.

他可以被信任

-Michael: How does one become a trustee?

怎样可以被信任?

-Burrows: Just have a spotless record for the last 30 years.

spotless: 无污点的 record: 记录

要有30年没有污点的服刑档案

-Fernando: Pretty much count's all of us out.

count: 加起来

时间比我们加起来都多

-Michael: Which means we've gotta get him on board.

mean: 意味着

这意味着我们要让他参与进来

-Burrows: Forget it. The guy's a boy scout.

forget: 忘记

算了吧他是一个童子军(意指很听话遵守纪律)

-Michael: Mr. Westmoreland?

Westmoreland先生?

-Westmoreland: Hey, Michael

嘿 Michael

-Michael: Have you found your cat yet?

你找到你的猫了吗?

-Westmoreland: Still M.I.A

M.I.A =missing in action: 在作战中失踪的,不知道在哪

还没有

-Michael: You can always get another.

你可以找别的猫代替

-Westmoreland: I don't want another.

another: 另一个

我不想要别的

Besides, it's a moot point.

besides: 除了这个以外 moot: 有讨论余地的,未决的

而且还有一点

She was grandfathered.

grandfathered: 使不受新法律规定的约束

她是免受新法规限制的

Once she's gone, no more pets.

once: 一旦 pet: 宠物

如果她不在了就不会再有别的宠物可以带进来

Wouldn't be an issue if you were on the outside

issue: 问题

只要你出去了就可以再养别的

Still tugging on that leash, eh?

tug: 拉 leash: 线索

还咬着那个绳子不放啊?

-Michael: Yup.

是的

And this is the part where I extend a formal invitation.

extend: 发出(邀请、欢迎等) formal: 正式的 invitation: 邀请

而且我现在是正式向你发出邀请

-Westmoreland: because you still think I'm D.B. Cooper?

still: 仍然

因为你仍然以为我是D.B. Cooper?

-Michael: I don't think

我不以为

I know.

我知道

-Westmoreland: The way I see it,

这样想

-Michael: you're in here doing 60tolife for vehicular manslaughter.

manslaughter: 过失杀人 vehicular: 车的

你因为驾车杀人被判了60年

It would have been 20,

本来只需要坐20年

but the car you were in was stolen.

stolen: steal的过去分词,偷

但你开的车是偷来的

Felony murder rule cubes up your sentence,

felony: 重罪 murder: 谋杀 sentence: 刑期

所以刑期加上3倍

and here you are.

这就是现在的情况

Hitting that woman was an accident.

accident: 意外

撞到那位女士是意外

But the car

但那车?

No one accidentally steals a car.

accidentally: 无意中的,意外的

偷车可是蓄意的

So the question is,

问题是

why would Charles Westmoreland be in Arizona boosting a car

boost: [美国俚语]行窃,偷窃

为何Charles Westmoreland 在亚利桑那州偷车

Ten states away from where he lived, and only ten miles away from the Mexican border?

mile: 英里 border: 边境

那里离居住地横跨半个美国却离墨西哥边境仅十里之遥

And why, two days before that,

而且两天前

would someone make a phone call to his wife from a motel in Portland,

motel: 汽车旅馆

有人在波特兰的汽车旅馆致电自己的太太

a stone's throw away from the airport, out of which, shortly after,

airport: 机场

离机场咫尺之遥的旅馆,很快

flight 305 was hijacked by one D.B. Cooper.

flight: 航班 hijack: 劫机

305航班就被D.B. Cooper劫持

Seven hours after the hijacking,

在劫持7小时后

records show Charles Westmoreland

record: 记录

记录显示Charles Westmoreland

was treated for a busted knee at a free clinic in Brigham City.

treat: 治疗  busted: 断裂的 knee: 膝盖 clinic: 诊所 city: 城市

在伯明翰城一家诊所治疗破损的膝盖

Only way to get from Portland, Oregon,

从波特兰,俄勒冈

to Brigham City, Utah, in seven hours was in a car,

到伯明翰城,犹他要么开七个小时汽车

breaking every land speed record known to man, or flying.

speed: 速度

打破所有已知的人类路上行车记录或者坐飞机

It's public record D.B. Cooper jumped out of that 727 about an hour after take off.

public: 公共的

档案说在727起飞一小时后 D.B. Cooper跳下了飞机

Taking a dive at 10,000 feet with $1.5 million in cash in a hastily packed parachute,

dive: [航空学]跳伞 million: 百万 cash: 现金 hastily: 匆忙的 pack: 打包 parachute: 降落伞

带着150万现金从1万英尺匆忙跳伞

might make for a pretty rough landing.

pretty: 相当的 rough: 不平的

可能着陆时地面不平

Rough enough to shatter some bones,

enough: 足够 shatter: 使粉碎 bone: 骨头

导致骨头受损

maybe even a left knee.

even: 甚至

也许甚至是左膝

D.B. Cooper would've had a car waiting for him when he landed.

land: 着陆

着陆后肯定有车等候

According to DMV records in 1971,

DMV=Department of Motor Vehicles: 车管所

根据1971年车管所记录

Charles Westmoreland was the proud owner of a '65 Chevy Nova.

proud: 自豪的  owner: 拥有者,所有人

Charles Westmoreland 拥有一辆65年的Chevy Nova

As it happens, a '65 Chevy Nova with the registration number scraped off

registration: 登记

之后一辆65年的Chevy Nova 车号被刮

was found abandoned with a blown gasket along the Arizona border,

abandon: 遗弃 gasket: 垫圈

在亚利桑那的边界爆缸被遗弃

a mile or two away from where you accidentally hit that woman with your stolen car.

accidentally: 意外地  hit: 撞击

离你开被盗车意外撞上那女人只有几公里远

-Westmoreland: Interesting story

interesting: 有趣的

有趣的故事

Interesting man

有趣的人

But you didn't answer one thing.

但你没回答一件事

-Michael: What's that?

什么事?

-Westmoreland: Maybe I did hurt my knee.

knee: 膝盖

也许我确实伤了膝盖

I did steal that car.

确实偷了车

And I did accidentally hit that poor lady.

确实意外撞了那个可怜的女人

But how could I have hijacked a plane in Portland on November 24

hijack: 抢劫,劫持

但我怎么能在11月24号在波特兰劫持飞机呢

when I was in Folsom finishing up a 30day drunk and disorderly?

drunk: 喝醉的 disorderly: [法律]妨害治安的;伤风败俗的;违反公共秩序(或社会公德)的

因为当时我因在福尔桑醉酒闹事服刑30天

I hope you aren't hanging this whole escape on that money,

escape: 逃亡

我希望你没把越狱寄托在那些钱上

because I'm not the one in possession of it.

possession: 拥有,所有

因为我没那些钱

Thanks for the invite though.

invite: 邀请 though: 不过

还是要谢谢你的邀请

-Nike: Veronica.

Veronica

Veronica.

Veronica

Come on.

振作点

We're okay.

我们没事

-Veronica: How is this okay, Nick?

怎么会没事Nick?

Somebody just tried to kill us.

有人要杀我们

-Nike: I know. I was there.

act: 行为,表现

我知道我在场

-Veronica: Then act like it, okay?

那就表现的象是,好吗?

We just watched a man burn to death right in front of us.

我们刚目睹了一个人被烧死

My god.

我的天啊

Lucasz... my god

Lucasz... 我的天啊

-Nike: It's okay. It's okay.

没关系的没关系

We just left him there.

我们刚把他丢下了

-Nike: There was nothing we could do for him.

我们帮不了他

He was dead as soon as he opened the door.

在开门的时候他就已经死了

-Veronica: I am trying so hard to understand this, entire Nick.

我在尽力的想 Nick

Who these people are, what they want,

他们是谁要什么

how we just walked away from there without even calling the police.

我们怎能不报警就走了出来

-Nike: We did it because these people we're dealing with won't stop until we're dead.

我们这样做是因为我们面对的是杀光才会放手的人

Now, if they think we're dead, like they do right now,

如果他们认为我们死了就象现在

maybe we get a little breathing room here,

breathing: 稍事休息 room: 空间

也许我们就有缓和的余地了

We figure out what our next move is.

想想下步该做什么

-Veronica: No, we should go to the police.

不我们该报警

-Nike: I've been telling myself the same thing, but you know what?

我也在考虑同样的事但你知道吗

They're bigger than the police.

他们比警察更有*

Now, we go to the authorities and all we're gonna be doing

authority: 官府,当局

我们去*机构

is broadcasting to them that we're still alive.

broadcast: 广播,宣传 alive: 活着

等于是在告诉他们我们还活着

And then we got that target right in our backs again.

target: 靶子  back: 背部

然后我们又会被人盯上

-Veronica: We can't hide forever.

forever: 永远 hide: 躲

我们不能躲一辈子

-Nike: No, no, maybe not forever,

不不一定是一辈子

but I think I know a place we can, at least for a little while.

while: 一段时间

我知道有个地方可以至少能躲一段时间

-Fernando: We just have to go in there ourselves then.

那么我们得自己去了

-Michael: Like I said, unless the old man's in, it's not possible.

unless: 除非

我说过除非那个老人加入不然没可能

And even if it were, with the guards in there,

guard: 警卫

而且即便一切顺利那里还有警卫

there's no way in hell they're just gonna sit back and watch us start a fire.

决不可能在我们放火的时候袖手旁观

-Fernando: See, I already figured that part out.

already: 已经

我事先已想到这一点

I've been thinking.

我一直在考虑

-Michael: And?

什么?

-Fernando: That thing you're doing at the pope's office?

pope: 教皇,这里是指*长

你在典狱长办公室干的那活?

Using rubber cement?

rubber: 橡胶 cement: 胶合剂,结合剂

会用到橡胶胶水?

-Michael: Yeah?

恩?

-Fernando:  Can you get some out of there?

你能顺手带上一些吗?

-Michael: Maybe Why

也许干嘛?

-Fernando: Look, there's a coffeemaker in the guard's room, right?

coffeemaker: [美]煮咖啡器,咖啡壶

听着警卫室里有个咖啡机对吧?

I've got a hookup with one of my boys in the kitchen.

hookup: 联合,同盟,内应  kitchen: 厨房

在厨房有一个我的内应

If we can get rubber cement in the bottom of that coffeepot,

bottom: 底部 coffeepot: 咖啡壶

如果我们可以在咖啡壶底部涂上一些胶水

when the burner goes on...

burner: 烧水器

等咖啡煮开的时候...

-Michael: it's a good idea.

是个好主意

But without Westmoreland, we’re never getting in that room.

但没有Westmoreland 我们无法进到那个房间

-Fernando: He doesn't want to be a part of the escape?

他不愿参与这次逃亡?

-Michael: No.

-Fernando: Then what does he want?

那他想要什么?

He's gotta want something.

gotta=have got to: 必须

总有什么能让他心动的

Everybody wants something.

没有人例外

-Westmoreland: I don't believe it.

我真不敢相信

Thank you.

谢谢

-Michael: You're welcome.

不客气

-Westmoreland: Where'd you find her?

yard: 庭院

你在哪找到她的?

-Michael: In the yard, by the chapel

chapel: 小教堂

院子里教堂旁边

-Westmoreland: Why do I get the feeling there's a string attached to this?

attach: 附加

为什么我觉得这件事情没那么简单?

-Michael: Not a string, just a favor.

string: 条件 favor: 帮忙

没什么只是帮个忙

-Westmoreland: I'm not D.B. Cooper. That's all right.

我不是D.B Copper 没关系

-Michael: because it's not gonna take D.B. Cooper to do what I need done.

因为我这事不需要D.B. Cooper那样的人

-Westmoreland: What's that?

那是什么?

-Michael: All I want you to do is take a certain coffeepot into the guard room at a certain time

certain: 特定的

我需要你做的就是在适当的时机带一个特殊的咖啡壶去警卫室

and turn the burner on.

然后把咖啡煮上

-Westmoreland: Why?

为什么?

-Michael: Let's just say it would be in everyone's best interest

interest: 利益

这么说吧对每个人都有好处

if a fire were to start in there.

如果火从那里蔓延开来

-Westmoreland: Marilyn, did you think he was the arsonist type?

arsonist: 纵火犯 type: 类型

Marilyn 你看他像一个纵火犯吗?

-Michael: I'm not.

我不是

I'm the cleanup crew type.

cleanup: 清洁  crew: [口语]一群人,一帮人

我只懂得清洁卫生

The type that gets access to all kinds of tools

access: 使用之权 tool: 工具

并且能随意使用各种洁具

-Westmoreland: Michael, I'm grateful for this. I really am.

grateful: 感激的

Michael 我由衷感谢说真的

But I've made it a point to keep my nose clean ever since I walked into this place.

从我走进这个地方开始我就暗下决心要做一个奉公守法的人

32 years without a blemish.

blemish: 污点

32年来没有任何污点

If that parole board date ever comes, I wanna be ready.

parole: 假释 ever: 无论何时

如果假释公告出来那天我想我会有资格的

I can't jeopardize that.

jeopardize: 冒险

我不能拿这个去冒险

Sorry.

抱歉

Thanks, though. Really.

还是谢谢你真的

-Michael: After what you went through in the riot,

riot: 暴动

经历那场暴动后

I thought you might take a day off.

我想你该休休假

-Sarah: I'm fine.

我没事

I, uh, couldn't find anybody to cover for me anyway.

再说也找不到替我的人

-Michael: I hope you don't feel like you own me anything.

owe: 欠

我不希望你觉得欠我什么

-Sarah: I do.

我是觉得欠你

I'm, uh...

我嗯……

I really appreciate what you did for me.

appreciate: 感激

我真的很感激你救了我

-Michael: But

但是?

-Sarah: But you told me that you had been up in the crawl space for pi,

crawl: 爬行 pi=* industry: *工厂

但你告诉我你是为工活去的排水管

and pi was never assigned to go there.

assign: 安排,指定任务

而那里从来不派犯人工作

-Michael: We're done here, right?

弄完了吧?

-Sarah: Michael, don't be like that. I just...

Michael 别这样我只是……

I just want some answers.

我只想知道答案

-Michael: Thanks for the shot, doc.

shot: 打针

谢谢你为我打针

- Sue: Sue parsons. Headline press.

headline: 头版 press: 媒体

Sue parsons Headline新闻社

-Burrows: Thanks for coming by.

谢谢你来

- Sue: I appreciate you taking the time.

谢谢你花时间

-Burrows: I appreciate you looking into my case.

case: 案子

谢谢你关注我的案子

- Sue: So what can you tell me?

你能告诉我什么?

From what I understand,

understand: 了解

从我所了解的情况来看

you have numerous people working on your behalf as we speak.

numerous: 许多 behalf: 利益

此时正有许多人为你工作着

-Burrows: Yeah, um, well,

是的呃

Veronica Donovan, she's my attorney,

attorney: 律师

Veronica Donovan 她是我的律师

and Nick Savrinn, he, uh, works at project justice.

justice: 正义 project: 项目

还有Nick Savrinn 他是“终极正义”的

- Sue: Savrinn, okay.

Savrinn,好的

Have they gotten very far?

他们有什么大进展吗?

-Burrows: Nothing to go to court with

court: 法庭

没有什么可以呈上法庭的

Not yet, anyway.

目前还没有

- Sue: You ever think it's just time to let go?

你有没有想过就这样放手?

Accept what happened?

accept: 接受

接受一切?

-Burrows: Let go? Yeah.

放手?可以

Accept what happened? Never

接受这一切?不可能

I mean, would you if someone had set you up?

我是说换成你被人设计陷害

Destroyed your life?

destroy: 毁掉

生活被毁掉你会接受吗?

- Sue: I guess I'm thinking in terms of the pain and anguish it's caused your friends and loved ones.

guess: 想,认为 pain: 痛苦 anguish: 痛苦 cause: 导致,造成

我指的是从这件事给你亲友造成的伤害和痛苦角度

-Burrows: People who care about me, they believe me.

关心我的人他们相信我

That's all that matters to me right now.

matter: 有重要性

这对我来说就足够了

It's all I got.

我只有这个

- Sue: You have a son.

你有一个儿子

Lincoln, jr. LJ

小Lincoln? LJ?

-Burrows: Yeah. Why?

是的,怎么?

- Sue: I have a source that tells me if you accept what happened

source: 消息来源 accept: 接受

有人告诉我如果你接受这一切

and stop fighting your execution, your son will be left out of this.

fight: 为(诉讼等)进行斗争 execution: 死刑

并停止上诉你的儿子就会没事

If not, I hope you said goodbye to him when he left here this morning.

如果你不接受但愿你今早跟他道了别

-Burrows: Who are you?

你是谁?

- Sue: One Burrows is gonna die.

总有一个姓Burrows的活不成

Up to you which one.

你自己选

-Burrows: Who are you?!

你是谁?!

Who are you?!

你是谁?!

Hey!

嗨!

Don't let her go. She threatened my son!

threaten: 威胁

别让她走她威胁我儿子!

Please, no! She threatened my son! No!

求你了不!她要害我儿子不!

- Danny: LJ Burrows

你是LJ Burrows?

- L.J: Yeah.

是的

- Danny: I'm officer hale with juvenile court.

juvenile: 青少年的

我是少年法庭的Hale

We just need to do a quick survey of the residence,

survey: 调查 residence: 住宅

我们需要对住所做个快速调查

make sure the environment here is reflective of the terms of your probation.

environment: 环境 reflective: 反映的 term: [复数](合同、付款、价格等的)条件;条款 probation: 保释

来确定环境是否符合保释察看条款

- Danny: Your parents home?

parents: 父母

你父母在家吗?

- L.J: No, but they'll be home any minute.

不在不过马上就回来了

- Danny: Well then... better get started.

哦……那现在就开始吧

-Adrian: LJ and his dad you never said how it went this morning.

LJ和他爸爸你没说怎么样啊

- Lisa: Sounded fine

听上去不错

Of course, everything a 15yearold boy tells his mother is fine.

当然一个十五岁男孩跟母亲说什么都好

- L.J: Look, no offense, but can I see some kind of identification?

offense: 冒犯 identification: 身份证明;证件

无意冒犯不过能让我看你的证件吗?

- Danny: Sure.

当然

- Lisa: LJ, we're home!

LJ 我们回来了

LJ, you here

LJ你在吗?

Oh, my god.

哦上帝

- Danny: Drop the phone, lady.

drop: 扔掉

扔掉电话女士

This is the only warning I'm giving you.

warning: 警告

这是我给你的唯一警告

Drop it.

扔掉

- Lisa: Run!

快跑!

Pick up, pick up.

快接快接

Please answer. Come on, come on.

answer: 接(电话)

接电话吧求你了

-Kellerman: LJ...

LJ……

we're not here to hurt you.

我们不会伤害你的

Whoa, whoa...

哦……

911... send.

911发送

You really think you're going to get to four buttons before I get to one?

button: 按钮

你觉得按四个键会比我只按一个快吗?

Come on.

算了吧

-Adrian: LJ, get out of here!

LJ 快离开这

- L.J: mom Mom

妈?妈?

-Kellerman: Where are you going, LJ?

你去哪 LJ?

- L.J: What do you want from me?

你们到底要什么?

-Kellerman: CooperationThat's all

cooperation: 合作

合作仅此而已

- L.J:  You want cooperation?

你们要合作?

I know what you look like, you son of a bitch!

我知道你长什么样你这个杂种

I'm going to the police.

我要去找警察

-Kellerman: Going to the police?

去找警察?

I don't think that's such a good idea, LJ—

idea: 主意

那可不是什么好主意 LJ

I mean, with your prints on the murder weapon and all.

print: 指纹 murder: 谋杀 weapon: 武器

我是说有了你在杀人武器上的指纹

- L.J: I didn't touch the murder weapon.

touch: 碰

我没碰枪

-Kellerman: Of course you didn't.

当然你没有

I know that and you know that.

你我都知道

I just don't think you're going to have much luck convincing ballistics of that.

convince: 说服 ballistics: 弹道测试

我只是认为你没办法通过弹道测试

- L.J:  Who the hell are you people?

concerned: 关心的  neighbor: 邻居

你们到底是谁?

-Kellerman: Just concerned neighbors

关心你的邻居而已

Heard a bit of a ruckus at the rixs' house

ruckus: 争吵

听到隔壁家里有吵闹声

Gosh, you know, I guess we really should've seen it coming.

gosh: 唉

天,我想我们本该想到的

I mean, all the signs were there—

signs: 迹象

我的意思是,所有的迹象都有

drug use, decline in academic performance—

drug: 毒品 decline: 下降 academic: 学习的,学术的 performance: 成绩;功绩

吸毒,学习成绩下滑

but we didn't think he would ever do something like this.

但是我们真没想到他会干出这样的事来

- L.J: No one's going to believe that.

没有人会相信

-Kellerman: Yes, they will.

他们会信的

And when they catch you and they will catch you, LJ—

catch: 抓到

当他们抓到你时—— 他们会抓到的,LJ——

they're going to try you as an adult. You know what that means?

adult: 成人

他们把你当成人对待的你懂什么意思吗?

We can help you, LJ. We're the only hope you've got.

我们可以帮助你,LJ 我们是你唯一的希望

- L.J: No, you're not.

不,你们不是

-Kellerman: She made that choice, not you.

choice: 选择

是她选的,不是你

- Danny: Let's find the kid.

去找那孩子吧

-Berwick: You got Marilyn back.

你找到Marilyn了

-Westmoreland: Sure did.

当然

-Berwick: That's good.

真好

How long ago you quit smoking?

quit: 戒

你多久以前戒的烟?

-Westmoreland: A little over nine years now

戒了九年多了

-Berwick: You don't mind, do you?

mind: 介意

你不介意我抽烟吧?

I feel a kinship with you, Charles.

kinship: 紧密关系,亲密关系

我觉得跟你很亲近,Charles

More than any other con here.

比其他犯人都亲近

And we've seen a lot, haven't we?

我们也经常见面,不是吗?

-Westmoreland: Sure have.

当然

-Berwick: And correct me if I'm wrong...

correct: 纠正

如果我说错了请改正……

I've always treated you fair.

treat: 对待 fair: 公平

我对你一直很公平

-Westmoreland: I've always appreciated that fact.

appreciate: 感激 fact: 事实上

我也一直心存感谢

-Berwick: I've known bob since he was 18 years old.

Bob才18的时候我就认识他了

I got him this job.

我帮他得到了这份工作

You can imagine how responsible I feel.

imagine: 想象 responsible: 负责任的

你能想象我肩负的责任

-Westmoreland: I can't help you with that, boss.

boss: [主美国英语](控制某一地区政治机构或党派的)首领,领袖,首脑,头子

我帮不了你,长官

-Berwick: I think you can.

我认为你能

Word is he died in front of your cell,

据说他是死在你牢房前的

and you were right here when it happened.

当时你就在这

-Westmoreland: We've both been around long enough to know that when a con starts that snitching business,

both: 两者都 enough: 足够 snitch: 告密 business: 事务

咱们在这这么久也都明白如果犯人开始告密

he's not long for this world.

他也就活不长了

Don't put me in that position, boss.

position: 状态

别逼我这么做,长官

-Berwick: If you don't tell me who killed bob before I leave this cell,

before: 在…之前 cell: 牢房

如果我离开牢房前你不告诉我是谁杀了bob

our friendship goes with it.

friendship: 友情

咱们的交情就完了

That's a nice cat.

猫不错

- *er: Westmoreland knows, and his jaw is not that strong.

jaw: 下巴

Westmoreland知道但他下巴没那么硬(意指嘴巴不严)

- Katie: what's this

这是什么?

-Sarah: Nothing

没什么

- Katie You stalke

stalker: 跟踪者

你这个跟踪者

-Sarah: I am not a stalker. I just...

我不是跟踪者,我只是……

I don't get it.

get: 理解,明白

不明白

- Katie: What is there to get?

哪里不明白?

-Sarah: He doesn't fit the profile. Right?

fit: 符合 profile: 轮廓;外观;模式

他并不符合罪犯模式,不是吗?

The man's got a graduate degree. He lives in my neighborhood.

graduate: (已经取得学士学位正在攻读高级学位的)研究生 degree: 学位 neighborhood: 附近,街坊

那人有研究生学位他住在我社区

Guys like that hang out in streeterville. They drink single malt scotch.

single: 单一的 malt: 麦芽,啤酒 scotch: [美国俚语]威士忌

那样的人应该去streeterville 喝single malt scotch

They they pay $200 for cubs tickets. They don't rob banks.

pay: 支付 rob: 抢 bank: 银行

他们花200元买票他们不抢银行

- Katie: Maybe he couldn't afford season tickets.

afford: 买得起

也许他买不起季票

Maybe that's why he robbed the bank.

也许那就是为什么他抢银行

-Sarah: Thank you. I'm actually being serious.

actually: 事实上 serious: 认真的

谢谢,我是认真的

- Katie: Can I ask you something?

我能问你点事吗?

-Sarah: Yeah.

- Katie: Why do you care so much?

care: 在乎 so much: 这么

你为什么这么在乎?

because he lied to me.

lie: 说谎

因为他对我说了谎

They all lie to you.

人人都说谎

-Sarah: Maybe because he's the one guy in here I can actually get to...

guy: (男)人,家伙

也许因为他是这里唯一能让我……

One guy I can...

唯一让我……

make a difference with.

difference: 区别

区别对待的人

- Katie: Go home, girl.

回家吧,姑娘

You keep burning it at both ends like this,

burn: 烧

你要这么两头着的话

you're going to drive yourself crazy.

drive: 迫使,使不得不 crazy: 疯狂的,发疯的

你马上就会疯了

-Sarah: Good night.

晚安

-Pope: I'm sorry, Burrows.

对不起,Burrows

Both of them were dead by the time the paramedics got there.

paramedics: 救护人员

抢救人员到达之前他们都咽气了

-Burrows: What about my son?

missing: 失踪的

我的儿子呢?

-Pope: He's missing.

他失踪了

The police are treating him as a fugitive.

treat: 对待 fugitive: 潜逃犯

警察局现在认定他畏罪潜逃

-Burrows: A fugitive

畏罪潜逃?

-Pope: They found his prints on the murder weapon.

print: 指纹 murder: 谋杀 weapon: 武器

他们在凶器上找到他的指纹

-Burrows: That's impossible. I...

impossible: 不可能的

不可能,我...

I, uh... I need to call him.

我,厄...我要和他通话

-Pope: No, I can't do that.

不,我不能那样做

-Burrows: What do you mean, you can't do that?!

你说这话是什么意思?

His life's in danger!

他命在旦夕听着,

-Pope: Look, Burrows the police have instructed me that this is an ongoing investigation,

instruct: 指示 ongoing: 进行中的 investigation: 调查

警察局已经指示我立即着手调查

and as such, any contact you make with your son

contact: 联系

这种状况下你和你儿子以任何方式取得联系

could potentially aid and abet him as a fugitive.

potentially: 潜在地 aid: 帮助 abet: 教唆

都极有可能被当作协从和帮助

I'm sorry.

抱歉

-Burrows: Warden, please!

warden: 典狱长

求你了!

-CO: Let's go.

我们走

- *er: That's messed up.

真是一团糟

Aw, jeez.

阿,天那

Does he even know?

他知道了吗?

I don't think so.

我想不

Oh, man. There he is.

哦,他来了

- Trokey: What's up, t?

怎么了,他?

-T-Bag: We family, right

我们是一家人,对吗?

- Trokey: Hell, yeah, we are.

对,没错

-T-Bag: Well, I'm in a quandary, and I need your help.

quandary: 左右为难

那,我现在进退两难,需要你的帮助

- Trokey: Name it.

直说

-T-Bag: Bellick's squeezing tighter and tighter around here. And you were right—

squeeze: 挤压形容Bellick查的很紧 tight: 紧

Bellick的逼供越来越紧当初你说的没错

eventually, somebody's mouth is going to start moving.

eventually: 最终 mouth: 嘴

最终会有人走漏消息的

Thing is, Trokey, if I get popped for this,

popped: [美国俚语]被逮捕的

这样的话,Trokey,如果我被逮个正着

what with my priors and...

prior: 前科

以及我的前科

predisposition to violent behavior...

predisposition: 倾向 violent: 暴力的  behavior: 行为

再加上严重暴力倾向

I'll spend the rest of my life in the shut.

spend: 度过 rest: 余下的  shut: *

我一辈子都出不去了

But if you come forward with only your drug convictions

drug: 毒品  conviction: 定罪

但你站出来后,你只有毒品犯罪前科

and a whole lot of remorse...

whole: 全部的 remorse: 忏悔

还喜欢虔诚悔过

- Trokey: I can't do that, T.

我办不到,T

-T-Bag: I am not finished yet.

我还没说完

- Trokey: No need. I am not going down for murdering no hack.

hack: [俚语]*看守

没必要我不会为谋杀罪名背黑锅

I mean, you understand that, don't you?

我是说,你能理解,是吗?

You are not mad, are you?

你不生气吧,是吗?

-T-Bag: No, Trokey, I'm not mad.

Trokey, 我不生气

[No inmates beyond this Point]

inmate: 囚犯  beyond: …以外 point: 地点

囚犯不得入内

-Burrows: I need out. I got to find him.

我得出去一趟. 把他找到

-Michael: We will. Both of us. Soon

soon: 很快

我们会的. 我们俩, 马上就会

-Burrows: They're coming after my family, Michael.

他们在找我家人, Michael

-Michael: You got to trust me.

你得要相信我

We're gonna get this done.

我们得解决这个

-Burrows: We're gonna get this done.

我们得解决这个

How? Tell me. Michael, tell me.

怎么解决? 告诉我 Michael, 告诉我

You can't, can you?

你解决不了是吧?

I've got to get out of here now.

我现在得离开了

LJ’s in trouble.

LJ有麻烦了

-CO: Scofield. How about it?

Scofield怎么样?

-Michael: Just stick with me.

跟着我就行了

-CO: Yo, Bruce, hey!

哟 Bruce 嘿!

-Michael: if you go out there, they will gun you down.

gun: 用枪射击

你出去的话他们会把你杀了

I don't care anymore.

anymore: 不再

我不在乎了

-Michael: Well, you better start thinking about what you're doing,

你最好开始想一下你现在在干些什么

because you can't help LJ if you're dead.

如果你死了还怎么去帮LJ

-CO: What the hell's going on over here, huh?

到底发生什么了, 嘿?

We got a problem?

遇到麻烦了?

-Michael: No.

-CO: Well, then get on your feet.

恩, 那就给我起来继续

Let's go!

走!

son of A...

妈的...

what the hell's going on in building two?

building: 建筑物,大楼

2号楼发生什么了?

come in

进来

Fire in the guard's break room

fire: 放火,点火 break: 休息

在警卫室放了把火

-Michael: thanks.

谢了

-Westmoreland: I didn't do it for you.

我可不是为你而做的

-man: Found the source.

source: 来源

找到火源了

Someone in here smoke these?

有人抽这个了吗?

Lucky strikes?

Lucky strikes(一种香烟)?

-Pope: Bellick.

Bellick

-CO: Captain Bellick, got someone to see you.

Bellick队长, 有人要见你

-Berwick: What the hell do you want?

你到底想要怎么?

- Seth: I know who killed Bob, sir.

我知道谁杀了Bob, 长官

- Trokey: Uhoh.

啊呃

I don't know how that got there.

我不知道这东西怎么会在这儿的

It's not mine. Let's go.

不是我的 我们走

It's not mine! You set me up.

这不是我的! 你陷害我

-T-Bag: It's bad enough you killed a guard.

杀死警卫的罪可够你受的了

Don't try and lay it off on somebody else now.

别想要把罪名推到别人身上

- Trokey: You set me up!

你陷害我!

He set me up...!

他陷害我...!

Wow.

-Veronica: Your father lived here?

你父亲住在这儿吗?

-Nike: Yeah.

是的

He wanted some place that was completely off the grid.

completely: 彻底地 grid: 格子,网格

他想住在一个完全远离喧嚣的地方

A place the government didn't even know existed.

government: * exist: 存在

一个*根本不知道的地方

Tapped into the power lines.

tap: 分接(自来水、电流等);接通 power: 电力

接进输电线

A well supplies the place with water.

well: 井 supply: 供应

这个地方的水由一口井供给

Last few years of his life, he barely even left the property.

few: 少数的 barely: 几乎不 property: 财产

他生命的最后一段时间他几乎没留下什么财产

-Veronica: It's...

这...

-Nike: yeah.

是的

When you spend so many years fighting cops and prosecutors and judges

cop: 警察 prosecutors: 检举人,公诉人 judge: 法官

当一个人用这么多年的时间都跟警察, 检举人和法官们打交道

trying to take your freedom for something you didn't do,

freedom: *

而他们想把你的*夺去, 因为一些你根本没有做过的事

you use every cent you had on attorney's fees,

cent: 美分 attorney: 律师 fee: 费用

你把所有的钱都拿去请了律师

you wind up losing anyway...

lose: 失败 anyway: 不管怎样

但最后还是败诉了...

15 years of his life.

他生命的15年

Almost all of his son's childhood

almost: 差不多  childhood: 童年

差不多我整个童年

I guess I can forgive him for wanting to hide away,

我想他这样藏起来

be left alone.

独自一人在这儿我可以原谅

We'll be safe here until we figure out our next move.

safe: 安全的

我们盘算出下一步该怎么走之前, 我们就一直呆在这儿,很安全

-T-Bag: Yeah, hold up here a minute, hhold up here.

好的, 停一下, 停一下

Uh, seems to be a bit of confusion.

seem: 似乎,好像 confusion: 混乱

啊, 好象你们搞错了

II'm supposed to be on this, uh, detail.

detail: 特派小分队

我想我应该参加, 啊, 这个工作队

-John: I don't think so.

我不认为

-T-Bag: Oh, John.

哦, John

You can't be serious.

你是在开玩笑吧

Not after our long, illustrious history we shared together.

Illustrious: 著名的 history: 历史 together: 一起 share: 共享,共度

在我们一起度过的那段漫长而光辉的历史之后

All those nights in New York City

在纽约的这么多个夜晚

In California

在加利福尼亚

In Saint Louis

在圣路易斯

They were good times, weren't they, John?

那些时光不是很美好吗, John?

Tell the badge here about 'em.

badge: 徽章;[美国俚语]警察

把这些事都告诉这儿有徽章的吧

because if you don't want to, uh,

因为如果你不想的话, 啊

I certainly could.

certainly: 当然

我当然会

-Berwick: I want this place gutted.

gut: (如用火等)毁坏…的内部

我要把这地方彻底翻新

The drywall has got to be torn out, the studs got to be removed.

drywall: 干墙;纸面石膏板 stud: 立柱 remove: 移除

把这墙壁要打烂这些柱子也该弄走

-John: Boss, we've got some toxic issues here.

toxic: 有毒的 issue: 流出物,物质

长官这里可是有有毒物质啊

Asbestos to start with

asbestos: 石棉

首先就是石棉

-Berwick: Take it up with the union.

union: 工会

有问题找工会去!

All I'm saying is, this room is your only priority now.

priority: 首要任务

我的要求就是这间房子是你们现在的首要任务

Better be brand-spanking-new when you're done.

brand-spanking-new: 崭新的极好的

搞完之后最好让它看起来焕然一新

If anybody's thinking about getting cute,

cute: 装腔作势的;假装老实的 

如果有人耍小聪明

trying to trunk one of these tools out of here,

tool: 工具 trunk: 把…放入旅行箱内意思放自己兜里

想要带走任何一件工具的话,

Brady’s got the outline of every single piece of hardware in here.

outline: 清单 hardware: 设备

Brady有这儿所有用具的清单

And at the end of every day,

end: 结束

每天晚上

every single piece better match up,

每件东西最好都给我对得上

or you're all going to the hole.

hole: 土牢,地牢

不然的话你们就给我小心了

-Michael: Let's go.

开始

This goes down four feet,

feet: 英尺

这个以下4英尺

connects to the mainline below.

connect: 连接 mainline: 主线 below: 下面

和下面的主管道连在一起

All we've got to do is widen it,

widen: 加宽

我们要做的就是把它加宽,

and we've got ourselves an onramp to route 66.

route: 道路,公路 onramp: [美](高速公路等的)驶进匝道,驶进坡道

然后做一个到66公路的汇流道

-Burrows: Whoa, whoa, whoa.

哇, 哇, 哇

They're gonna hear this, man.

他们会听见的伙计

-Michael: They won't.

不会的

-T-Bag: Come on, pretty, we a team now.

pretty: 漂亮的人

宝贝儿我们现在是一个团队的了

Let’s get cracking, hey?

现在就动手砸吧

-Burrows: You, shut up.

你给我闭嘴

-Kellerman: Really think you're gonna get to four buttons before I get to one?

你觉得按四个键会比我只按一个快吗?

-Caroline: I don't have my glasses.

我眼镜没戴

How about you read this for me?

把这个给我读读

Tell me the news, the latest developments.

latest: 最近的 developments: 事态发展;新情况

给我讲讲新闻以及最近的形势

-Kellerman: Evidently there was an explosion in a gold coast apartment in Chicago yesterday.

evidently: 很明显地 explosion: 爆炸 coast: 海岸 apartment: 公寓

昨天在芝加哥黄金海岸公寓发生了爆炸

gas line everyone inside was killed

煤气管道内的人全部丧生

-Caroline: shamed,

shame: 遗憾

令人遗憾,

anything else?

还有什么?

how about that kid upon Oak Park the one they say kills his parents

那个据说把双亲杀死的孩子怎样了?

-Kellerman: Oh, they got him

他们抓到他了

-Caroline: oh? They do?

真的吗?

-Kellerman: He is in custody

custody: 拘留

他在监管之下

-Caroline: good

I imagine heads would have been rolled if he hadn't been caught

roll: 辗;轧 caught: 抓住

如果那孩子没抓到我想很多人脑袋就难保了

lives would have been lost

命也会因此丢了

how about you hand that back to me?

把报纸递给我好吗

now that is yesterday's news

这些已经是昨天的旧新闻了

we can put it behind us, can we?

我们可以忽略掉,对吗

move on next chapter of our life

chapter: 到下一章节

打开生活新的一页

you are not just doing this for me, you know

这些事情,你不是为我而做的

or my brother

也不是为了我的弟弟

-Caroline: yes?

什么事?

-man: they are ready for you, madam vice president

vice: 副的 president: 总统

媒体都准备好了,副总统夫人

-Caroline: you are doing it for your country

country: 国家

你是为国家而做的

上一篇:[bzoj2243][SDOI2011]染色


下一篇:越狱Season 1-Episode 5: English, Fitz or Percy