"Myself, obviously." He enunciated every syllable, as if he were talking to someone mentally handicapped.
“显而易见是我自己。”他每个音节都说的很清楚,就好像他在和一个残疾人交流一样。
I was still stunned. "Why?"
我仍然很吃惊。“为什么?”
"Well, I was planning to go to Seattle in the next few weeks, and, to be honest, I'm not sure if your truck can make it."
“好吧,我在后面几周计划去Seattle,说实话,我不是很确定你的卡车是不是可以开过去。”
"My truck works just fine, thank you very much for your concern."
“我的卡车挺好的,谢谢你的担心。”
I started to walk again, but I was too surprised to maintain the same level of anger.
“我又一次准备离开,但是我太吃惊以至于没有维持刚才那个级别的愤怒”
"But can your truck make it there on one tank of gas?" He matched my pace again.
“但是你确定你的卡车一箱油能到的了吗?”他又一次追上了我的步伐。
"I don't see how that is any of your business." Stupid, shiny Volvo owner.
“我不明白这关你什么事。”傻瓜的银色Volvo主人。
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
“有限资源的浪费是每个人的责任。”
"Honestly, Edward." I felt a thrill go through me as I said his name, and I hated it.
“说实话Edward”。当我说出他的名字的时候全身感到了一种恐惧,并且我讨厌它。
"I can't keep up with you. I thought you didn't want to be my friend."
“我没办法理解你。我认为你不想做我的朋友。”
"I said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be."
“我说如果我们不是朋友的话会更好,没有说我不想。”